JourneyCare – Chicago, IL
The Team Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the care of patients and families within the agency. They verify insurance coverage and appropriateness of medications and medical equipment for each patient. They manage financials associated with the team’s patients. The Team Manager also manages the RNs, CNAs, LPNs, social workers, and chaplains.
This position will be located in our Chicago, Illinois office and will support the Amethyst Team in the South Region.
- Coordination of staff to provide patient care
- Reviews cost and appropriateness of patient care expenses
- Recruits, mentors, counsels, supports, trains and evaluates staff
- Facilitates interdisciplinary meetings regarding patients and families
- Participates on the leadership team and attends monthly leadership meetings
- Participates in on call
- Marketing to referral sources
- Management of team census to maintain or exceed budget
- Reviews new patient records, physician orders and plan of care
- Audits staff time sheets and requests for time off
- Keeps records of budget and budget variance
- Manages within the model of care of the agency
- Presents internal and external education on hospice and the care of hospice patients and families via in-services, CEU presentations, and marketing and educational events
- Supports the team with assisting in patient needs within their professional scope of practice
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Management training
- Licensed professional in state of Illinois
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare management, preferably in hospice
- Hospice experience preferred
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Management skills
- Organization skills
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting
- Hospice nursing experience, preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state healthcare regulations, preferred
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, patient database, internet, e-mail), voicemail
- The Team Manager supervises the RNs, LPNs, CNAs, social workers, and chaplains
JourneyCare is the combined organization of Horizon Hospice & Palliative Care, JourneyCare, and Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter. The three organizations came together in 2015 to provide greater services to more patients and families across 10 counties in the Chicago area and northern Illinois. We offer more than 100 years of combined expertise, providing palliative, supportive and end-of-life care and helping people facing serious illness live life to the fullest, with dignity and without pain, on their own terms.
JourneyCare is growing and seeking world-class, compassionate professionals who are highly skilled, possess superior interpersonal skills and make a commitment to our culture of excellence. Join our team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains and C.N.A.’s , along with more than 1,300 volunteers, who continue to be a trusted resource for care and support in the communities we serve.
Our services include:
- Adult hospice and palliative care
- Pediatric hospice and palliative care
- Five Hospice CareCenters, located in Arlington Heights, Barrington, Chicago, Glenview and Woodstock, for those who require short term, around-the-clock medical oversight
- Integrative therapies that include pet therapy, music therapy and music-thanatology, aromatherapy, art, massage and compassionate touch
- A comprehensive grief support program
- Jewish Care Services
- We Honor Veterans Program
- A broad range of volunteer opportunities
Your Life . . .
Working for JourneyCare is more than a career choice. Many of our employees will tell you it’s a calling that changed their lives. JourneyCare has cared for generations of patients and families facing serious and life-limiting illnesses, providing comfort, peace and well-being.
We are committed to be the employer of choice by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Continuing education and generous tuition reimbursement
- A supportive, collaborative and fun work environment
Qualified applicants should submit there resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search for More Jobs Here.