Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd Shift
Richelieu Foods – Wheeling, IL
Richelieu Foods, Inc. is a leading national private label and contract packing food manufacturer focused on frozen pizza, salad dressing, and BBQ sauce product categories. We have five manufacturing facilities located in OH, IL, IA, and WI. We provide products to many national retailers, wholesalers, distributors, club and mass stores, as well as industrial accounts including other food manufacturers.
Shift : 3:45pm – 2:00am
Essential Functions of the Maintenance Mechanic: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Fabricate, disassemble and assemble production equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines and creates and documents hours worked on applicable work orders.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and troubleshoot/repair processing, filling and packaging production equipment.
- Weld, perform sheet metal work and employ basic shop floor skills (lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools).
- Install, move, and relocate machinery/equipment according to blueprints and other drawings.
- Read and interpret blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead or Supervisor.
Basic Qualifications of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Prior practice in correct wiring techniques with 3 phase motors, starters, and overloads
- Knowledge of troubleshooting bearings, belts, sheaves, sprockets, chains, and gear reducers and proper alignment of these drive devices
- Experience in inspection of all included above and the ability to make recommendations on the proper level of replacement and inspection
- Ability to make recommendations on spare parts, lock-out tag-out, guarding, and the level of operator involvement for proper machine integrity
Desired Qualifications of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Previous experience in an industrial maintenance role.
- Previous experience in the food industry and knowledge of GMP’s and SQF audits would be valuable
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance Instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer a great opportunity with a comprehensive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401K with company match, and vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Wheeling, IL
- Troubleshooting bearings, belts: 3 years
- Inspection: 3 years
- Maintenance Mechanic: 3 years
- 3 phase motors, starters, and overloads: 3 years
Qualified Applicants should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting this page. This page is designed to assist you in finding employment. Use this page to search for your next great job and for jobs in your area. Please make sure to visit other posts and pages on The Job Finder website. We tons of great jobs and Career Opportunities. Happy Job Searching!
If you are a professional seeking employment, please feel free to forward your resume to us to be considered for opportunities not listed here.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
Search for More Jobs Here!